Baylen and I were asked to serve as the Youth Conference Leaders this year. I was really excited to be able to hang out with the youth again. However, it was a ton of work. The theme that we chose for youth conference was President Eyring's talk from conference called Mountains to Climb. I would definitely call this calling my own little mountain to climb. It's crazy all the little things that we had to figure out- from having enough drivers (and having drivers cancel last minute), to permission slips, to utensils, it was crazy. Thank goodness that another couple, the Branham's, were called with us. They were amazing!
Other than having WAY to much food, I think the Youth Conference was a huge success! We had over 90% turn out- which is great!!! On Friday, we went boating up at Pineview. We ended up with enough boats that everyone that wanted to could be out on the lake at once. I think that everyone had a great time. Before the conference, my biggest fear was safety. But, we got everyone back in one piece. Yay!!!
Even Baylen got some wake boarding time in!
After boating, we went back to our stake center pavilion for pizza and a speaker. The speaker we asked to come had spent time in the MTC in Guana. Pretty cool!
On Saturday we had a lunch at the church and then the Bishop spoke a little about how the temple is often referred to as the mountain of the Lord. We then packed up and went to the Brigham City Temple Open House. It was so beautiful and I'm grateful that the youth had the opportunity to go. Several of them had never been to an open house before. We actually went on the very first day of the open house and a few of the deacons rubbed right up against Elder Christensen of the Quorum of the Twelve. The Deacon advisor said to them, "What would you say if I told you you were touching a member of the Quorum of the Twelve." It was pretty funny, but awesome at the same time.
Even though I would be okay if I never had this calling again, I'm grateful for all that it taught me. I really saw Heavenly Father's hand in the planning of this and in how everything came together. Our budget was so small that when we began we thought that our task was impossible. However, I know that nothing is impossible with Heavenly Father and my testimony of this was definitely strengthened through this youth conference!









No comments:
Post a Comment