This year my mom was in charge of the Bird Family Reunion. She spent a lot of time getting everything organized and it turned out to be awesome!
One Thursday night we had dinner and a pool party at Emily's club house. My kids are always in heaven when there is swimming involved!
Corinne, Claire and Mickell
Tanner and MarkHailey and Madison
Tanner and Jonathan spent some time playing pool.
After dinner we went over to this amazing park in Saratoga Springs. It had some pretty cool climbing toys that even the adults had fun on.
Can't get much better than this thing for swinging!
On Friday we headed up to the Heber Girls Camp. They rent the place out for family reunions, too. It was so pretty up there. The kids thought it was so fun to stay in these little cabins.
Having fun playing squinkies with Sarah.
Baylen loved that there was a sand volleyball court just steps away from our camp.
This baby dear was always coming to visit us at our camp. It was so cute! Some of the family also saw a moose. But, I don't think anyone got a picture of it.On Saturday most of us signed up to do ropes courses. There were several to choose from. So, Tanner and Baylen chose harder ones. I did the course with most of the extended family and all three of my girls.
Our course involved climbing a pole, walking across it, and then taking a zip line down. It actually felt really high when you were at the top. It made me nervous. However, all three girls loved it. I think that Ashlyn was the youngest one to do it. For only being 5 years old, she was so brave. She didn't hesitate to do this at all.

Stepping off that edge was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I really had to put my faith in that rope that it would catch me when I stepped off.
It was fun having Greg there with us. He left for the MTC a few days later.
My mom had lots of games, crafts and activities there for people to do. I think two favorites were the cup stacking game and the family bingo game that she made.
On Saturday afternoon several of us hiked around the lake.
These are actual bear claws.
On the way back from our hike, the missionaries were driving by. One of them asked Ashlyn to hold his hand as he drove. She held his hand and ran by his ATV all the way up this road. It was kind of funny.
I sure love that even though our extended family keeps growing, we still love getting together. It was a fun weekend!






















No comments:
Post a Comment