
Hailey was baptized on September 1st. It was a super special day for our family. She looked beautiful in both the dress she was baptized in (which is the same dress Mickell was baptized in) and the dress she was confirmed in.
She had lots of family and friends there to support her! As part of the program, Hailey was able to do a special musical number "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" with her siblings and cousins.
I'm sad we didn't get a picture of everyone that came. It's hard to take pictures while hosting a special occasion. But, here are a few of her friends that came.
I'm sad we didn't get a picture of everyone that came. It's hard to take pictures while hosting a special occasion. But, here are a few of her friends that came.
After her baptism, we went to our park for a luncheon. Hailey chose to have a taco bar. I have to say that we received a huge tender mercy while we were there. We had a massive downpour the night before. It was suppose to rain right during the time that we had our luncheon, too. Brian ran home before he came to the park and it was pouring rain just 5 miles away in Layton. However, the sun broke through the clouds right above the park and we had beautiful weather for the whole lunch. After everything was cleaned up and we got home, the downpour hit again. By downpour, I mean insane amounts of rain! What a little miracle on this super special day!
To make it even better, after the rain slowed a little, two huge complete rainbows filled the sky right above our neighborhood. They were the prettiest rainbows I have EVER seen. Sister Gamble talked about rainbows in her talk on baptism that day and we sang the baptism song about rainbows for the opening song, too. I told Hailey that I think Heavenly Father was telling her how proud he was of her decision to be baptized. It's not often that you see such amazing rainbows and how awesome for it to be on her baptism day.
We tried to get a picture of the rainbows, but after about 100 attempts we decided that there was no way for our camera to do them justice. This is the best we got and you can't even see the second rainbow. Oh well :)
Here are a few of the pictures that we took of our beautiful Hailey. I LOVE her toothless smile!
I want to include some bits and pieces of the things that Baylen said in Hailey's confirmation so that I have it for our family history...
"Heavenly Father is so excited and feels so much joy for your decision to be baptized."
"He would have you know of your role in the plan of His church. He would also have you know of the importance that family has in His plan."
"I bless you that when the time comes that you will be sealed in the temple and try to raise your family in righteousness."
"Turn to Heavenly Father and look to Him in the choices you make. Also, look to your parents when you make choices."
"I bless you with the desire to work hard to grow and learn in school and at home."
"I bless you that you will be an example to others."
"I bless you that you will look around you and see those who are in need and reach out to them and help them."















No comments:
Post a Comment