This was a day that I've been dreading for quite some time. People are not kidding when they say that time goes by fast. How is it possible that all of my kids are in school?
We had an extra long summer so I think the older kids were ready and excited to hit the books again.
Here's Hailey on her first day of 3rd grade. She has Ms. Williams this year.
Here's Mickell on her first day of sixth grade. SIXTH GRADE!!! That's the grade I taught and I always thought my students were old. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here's Tanner on his first day of sixth grade. Both Tanner and Mickell have Miss Follett this year.
Yes, I did tear up when I walked into my girls' room to tuck them in the night before their first day and I found this laying out on the floor. Ashlyn had everything ready to go. Those clothes just looked so tall laying out like that. I seriously stared at them forever thinking how this is not possible.
By the next morning I was feeling a little more upbeat. I decided that I just needed to get over by sadness and be excited for Ashlyn (I knew she was super excited and I also knew she was going to love school. Besides, there was no way I could keep her home another year. She was already smart enough to start first grade and get strait A's :)
I had to get a picture of cute Ashlyn by her clothes.
Be warned…. I was sending my baby off to kindergarten so there are lots of pictures. Here's my little scholar on her first day of schoolWalking to the bus stop for the first time.
Some of her friends at the bus stop (Koa, Libby, Landon, Sadie, and Ashlyn)
The poor bus driver. She seriously had a huge group of paparazzi parents.
Yes, we followed the bus to school. Here's Ashlyn waiting to go into the classroom.
When Ashlyn got home from school that day, she looked beat. When I asked her how her day was she laid on the couch and wouldn't say anything. I was so worried that something happened and she didn't like it. However, she fell asleep a few minutes later. Poor Ashlyn had been feeling sick all day at school. By the end of the night she had a super high fever. She ended up missing her second day of school. I took her to the doctors and we found out that she had strep. It was definitely a first day that she'll remember!


















No comments:
Post a Comment