Saturday, January 19, 2013

1st Meet

Tanner had his first swim meet in November.  Baylen and I were so nervous for him.  We'd never seen him race and we weren't sure what to expect.  But, he did great.  He competed in two different events.  In his freestyle he placed 3rd and in his breaststroke he placed 5th.  I think that's awesome for his first time competing.  We told him, though, that all he should worry about is improving his own score each time.  

Tanner LOVED doing the meet!  He kept saying how he wished they had meets every week.  I'm glad he's found something that he loves!  

As an added perk, he is in such good shape.  He usually swims three days a week for 2 hours each day.  I'll drop him off, go run errands or go home and clean the house,  and make dinner.  When I pick him up I'm always amazed to think that he's been doing laps that ENTIRE time.

                                                 




No comments: