We had a super special Easter this year. I feel like we were really able to focus on the real reason why we celebrate this holiday.
Of course, the Easter bunny payed us a visit during the night. Here are the kids with their loot. Besides candy, they also got a couple of movies and a new Wii game.
After dinner we had Easter dinner with our own little family. I think this is the first time I've ever made Easter dinner. I was pretty proud of myself that I didn't mess anything up!
Later that evening we were able to attend our Stake's Easter Cantata. Mickell was asked to sing with a small Children's Choir. Singing is something that Mickell loves to do and this was such a special opportunity for her. They practiced hard for it and all their work paid off. It was beautiful. They sang a song called "He Had Come." This song was written by a lady in our stake and talks about when Christ visited in the Americas. It is sung as if the kids singing were the children that Christ blessed when he came. It is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. They recorded it so you can listen to it (or download it) from here…
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songinfo.cfm?bandid=1174077&songID=11527857&from=downloadsong.cfm&referer=www.amywebbmusic.com/He_Had_Come_.html
Mickell had lots of support. Grandma and Grandpa Sillito, Grandma and Grandpa Whipple, and Grandma Bird all came. After we had everyone over to our house for dessert.









No comments:
Post a Comment