Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

I just wanted to post a few cute things that Ashlyn has said lately. She seriously makes me laugh every day. The other day Ashlyn was sitting at the Barbie house playing with her barbies. She had five of them in her hands and was trying to hold them all up to do the different things she was imagining them doing. Hailey came in and asked if she could play. Ashlyn matter-of-factly responded " No, this is a one player game."
One evening Baylen and I were hanging out in the family room while the kids were outside playing. Ashlyn came in to me totally exasperated and said "I had a really rough day. I got hurt a million times and I had to go to the bathroom like 110 times."
I totally stink at imagining. Poor Ashlyn is home all day with me and is always asking if I'll play with her. I usually last about five minutes before I'm going crazy because I can't imagine anymore. One day she came up to me while I was sweeping the floor. She said, "Let's play house. You be the mom and you're sweeping the floor and I'll be the 3 year old." I think I can handle this kind of imagining :)

That reminds me... I don't think I blogged about her ice cream incident. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of the mess. So, one day I was in Ashlyn's room helping her get dressed for the day. We were on the floor. I looked up to grab her some socks out of the top drawer and noticed an our carton of ice cream sitting on her dresser. Puzzled, I stood up and found that the ice cream must have been sitting there for awhile. It was melted and leaking out all over her dresser. What on earth?! After a little questioning I found out that Ashlyn was hungry during the night and had snuck a little midnight snack up to her room. How a 3 year old can manage to get a carton of ice cream out of the freezer and sneak it up to her room is beyond me. However, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to discipline her. What a nut!

No comments: