Thursday, June 30, 2011

May 16, 2011...

a day to remember!!! Cute Hailey finally lost her first tooth. She was the only one in her class who hadn't lost one and was feeling the pressure. Hailey's tooth had been loose for quite a while. In fact, her permanent tooth was almost completely grown in behind it. The poor girl has a mom who dry heaves when she even sees her kids wiggling their teeth. So, I was of no help in trying to get it out. And to make matters worse (or better, depending on how you look at it), Hailey inherited my strong roots. So, that little bugger did not want to come out.

When the tooth finally decided to give in, Hailey was beaming. For some reason, I always get sad when my kids loose their first tooth. Nothing says that my little kid is becoming big to me more than those massive huge permanent teeth that take over my sweet little innocent child's mouth.

Thank goodness that gap is so cute or I might have cried.

Hailey was so excited to put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Little did I know what drama would ensue in the next 24 hours. To start out with, Mickell came to me wondering why some of her friends get $10 and presents from the tooth fairy and she only gets $2. I got a little dizzy when I heard the $10 part. What on earth is the tooth fairy thinking. Does she realize that each child has a mouth FULL of teeth.

I guess the tooth fairy didn't make it to Hailey's pillow until early in the morning. Hailey said she woke up when "he" put the money under her pillow. She said that "he" had a really big hand (which I'm pretty sure "he" does). Anyways, she is now terrified of the tooth fairy. She refuses to put her teeth under her pillow... sacrificing any money she might get so that "he" will not come visit her again. Darn tooth fairy. What was "he" thinking.

No comments: