I don't think there's much that beats the excitement of a little kid on their birthday. Ashlyn had been anticipating her birthday for 364 days! She didn't understand why we couldn't go to Disneyland again for her birthday this year. Thank goodness swimming comes in as a close second to Disneyland on her favorite things to do.
I usually buy gifts for my kids as they come on sale throughout the year. I had all of Ashlyn's birthday presents bought back in January. However, at the last minute (her birthday morning at 7:00 AM) Baylen and I decided to get her a bike instead. We had it waiting downstairs for her when she woke up. Thank goodness she likes to sleep in. Baylen was able to make a quick run to Walmart with time to spare.
Ashlyn spent the morning riding her bike around the neighborhood. A little later I took her over to Boondocks to use her free unlimited pass. I couldn't convince her to do Boondocks instead of swimming. But, I also couldn't let a free pass go to waste. So, she got to do both. Lucky girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment