Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Days!

Yesterday was the first day of 2nd grade for Tanner and Mickell. They seemed to really enjoy it (although they were to0 interested in playing with friends after school to give me any detail). It feels good to be in a little more of a routine now. I am really excited for both of them. I think that 2nd grade was one of my favorite years of school. I was thinking about it yesterday and it's amazing how many memories I have of that year. I hope their year is just as good. Tanner was really cute last night during family prayers. In the prayer he blessed that he would have a good day at school tomorrow and that he wouldn't get too hungry before it was time for lunch. I guess that it will be an adjustment not being able to have a snack whenever they get hungry. Here are a few pictures of them on their way to the bus stop.


On Sunday night we had a family home evening on the importance of learning and then Baylen gave each of the kids a father's blessing. The kids will probably always remember this experience because we did all this in the dark. Our power was off for four hours that night! Baylen gave Tanner and Mickell their blessings and then Hailey decided that she wanted one for preschool. After Hailey got off the chair, Ashlyn went over, sat on the chair, and folded her arms. It was so cute. Baylen gave her a little blessing, too. I really wish I would have thought to grab my camera.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Your kids are so grown up...speaking of 2nd grade, wasn't that Mrs. Andrews class...remember Neil Cowser and the underwear dance? I remember that year very well mostly because my friend Allison was in my class. Thanks for awesome memories!!!

Unknown said...

That is a cute story!! Your kids are growing up so fast. What an awesome Summer you guys are having.