Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mirror Lake Rocks!!!


This past weekend we went on our annual Whipple family camping trip up to Mirror Lake. We had a lot of fun! As I was thinking about some of the different things we did up there, I realized that we kind of had a "rock" theme going. So here's a little about our "rockin" camping trip.

Playing on rocks
The kids had a great time playing on the rocks along the bank of the lake. They didn't seem to mind the freezing cold water at all. Tanner and Hailey both had a good fall into the water! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera ready either time.


Posing on rocks


I caught this picture of Mickell sitting on a rock in front of the lake. Mirror lake is an absolutely beautiful lake.

Fishing on rocks


Tanner spent lots of time fishing on this rock.

Fishing was amazing this year. Both Hailey and Tanner caught their own fish.
This is Hailey "rolling" her fish in...

Baylen and Corey were able to take their float tubes out to the middle of the lake to do a little fly fishing. They had a great time and caught a ton of fish!


Painting rocks
Mickell and Hailey spent some time one afternoon painting rocks. They left a few really colorful rocks at the campsite for the next people to enjoy.


Imagining on rocks
Tanner, Mickell and Hailey spent hours imagining all sorts of things on this rock. One minute they were playing house and the next minute they were ninjas. I've decided I just need to get them a really big rock for Christmas!


Sleeping on rocks
Baylen accidently punctured our air matress with a zipper on the first night. He tried patching it with duct tape. However, we discovered, in the middle of the night, that duct tape doesn't work for everything. The next night Emily and Dave let us borrow their mattress (they had to go home that day). It's amazing how much of a difference an air mattress makes. We must be getting old.


We also had some "rockin" good food and enjoyed some "rockin" company. Here are a few more pictures from the trip.







No comments: