Each family had their own little cabin to sleep in. This is a picture of ours.
We all hung out together at this big lodge. It was really nice!
We had so much fun together. I love how all the cousins are such good friends. I didn't realize, before this trip, how many girl babies there are around Ashlyn's age. Here are a few of them playing together.
Mickell loves playing with Claire. They both just happened to have the same shirt (and wear it the same day!) We had to get a picture of the twins!
On Tuesday, we took several rafts and tubes and floated down the river. Hailey was really nervous at first but started enjoying it a little more towards the end. Tanner and Mickell loved squirting water from water guns at the other rafts and tubers. We didn't dare take cameras down the river with us, but took a few pictures before we left.
On Wednesday, we went into West Yellowstone and out to Big Springs while everyone else went into Yellowstone. West Yellowstone was a lot of fun until we realized that Hailey wasn't with us. There were so many of us walking in and out of the stores together, that I guess I assumed she was holding someone else's hand. I don't think there are many feelings out there that are worse than not knowing where your child is. I ran up the main street, not even knowing where to start looking. Of course, all those worse case scenerios were running through my head. I was finally able to find her because I heard her in a store screaming. I knew that scream would be useful one of these days!!! She was really shaken up at the moment. But, she hasn't said anything about it since then. I'm hoping that's a good sign that she's not scarred for life because of this experience.
Here are a few pictures from Big Springs.
It ended up being a really fun reunion. We look forward to several more in the future!



1 comment:
How fun!!!! What a fun summer you must be having. The best part is your kids will have such fond memories of each summer they had growing up as kids.
Post a Comment