Ashlyn turned 15 months yesterday. Since I'm not very good at documenting milestones in other places, I thought I'd just write a little bit about what she's doing now.
Her vocabulary includes the words mama, dada, Tanner, Hailey, Grandma (her own version), ham, bye, hi, keys, shoes, and fish. My favorite words that she says are "please" which she says whenever she wants something, and "cheese" which she says whenever we hold a camera up to take a picture.
Even though she doesn't say "Mickell" yet, Mickell is one of her favorite people. Whenever I'm gone, she spends her time attached to her sister. She absolutely LOVES her (and nothing makes Mickell happier.) Mickell has even started asking if she can get Ashlyn dressed and change her wet diapers. She really has to twist my arm to get me to say yes (ha)!
Ashlyn has a contagious smile which is plastered on her face most of the time.
She has very curly hair in the back. We're not sure where she gets it from but I hope she keeps it!
She is not a good napper, at all. No matter how hard I try, she will not take naps anymore (unless we are driving somewhere.) She has the most bizarre sleeping habits of any baby I know. I usually put her to bed at 10:00 PM and then she wakes up around 10:00 AM. That sustains her during the day (somehow). I'm hoping we can change this a little when the kids go back to school and we have more of a schedule (and more of a quiet house during the day).
Ashlyn loves to sing. When she starts humming, a person can actually tell which song it is. I'm thinking it's pretty unusual that a baby can do that. Some of the songs that she hums are Rock-a-bye, I am a Child of God (which she sings to herself when she gets tired), and Old MacDonald. She also makes up her own songs which are actually quite pretty. So watch out American Idol Season 2022.
She is a climber and she insists that she can go down stairs standing up. She does really well but still manages to scare me.
Ashlyn has become quite the little screamer. I really can't blame her since she spends a good 75 percent of her day being mauled by her brother and sisters (who absolutely love her). But, she has quite the set of lungs. She can reach octaves that I didn't even know existed. She especially likes using this new talent during church!
Some of her favorite things to do are reading books, playing outside, giving kisses, dancing, and mothering her cousin Raylee.



No comments:
Post a Comment