Last week my Grandma flew in from Oregon to spend some time with us. We had a great time. On Sunday we were able to get together at my parents house for a BBQ and games. On Monday grandma treated us all to a fun day at the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. There were a lot of kids there that day, but it was still a lot of fun. I've been wanting to take the kids there ever since it opened. But, it's quite pricey. There are a lot of fun things to do and the kids could have stayed for days without getting tired of it.
The kids loved watching the coins go around and around and around
This is Ashlyn posing for the camera and saying "Cheese!"
The kids' absolute favorite thing at the museum was the life flight helicopter. There was a button inside that they could push to make it sound like they were really taking off. They could also talk to someone in a different area who was pretending to be the operation control person.
A few more pictures of a fun afternoon!
After a few hours at the museum, we took a break and rode TRAX around downtown and then went to Dairy Queen for Sundaes.
Thursday was Park City day (which I'm writing about in a different post).
On Saturday, we went down to South Jordan to visit with her before she left that evening. We had a great time! I don't think I've spent that much time with her since I was in college. My kids absolutely love her (even though they were their shy selves.) It really is sad that we don't live a little closer to each other.



No comments:
Post a Comment