Saturday, September 6, 2008

TOO FAST!!!


It is almost 2:00 in the morning right now and I cannot sleep. I am just overwhelmed by the fact that my kids are growing up way too fast! Tonight I went into bed a little earlier than everyone else. Mickell came in and asked if she could lay by me. She brought her MP3 player in with her. We both put one of the headphones on and started singing along to the different songs that came on. As we were singing, we started talking about some of our favorite singers. She then started telling me about the Jonas Brothers and which one she liked the best. She went on to talk about how she was so excited that Joe Jonas is dating Taylor Swift (what?). This conversation turned to which of Mickell's boy classmates she thinks is cute and who Tanner has a crush on (which I swore I wouldn't tell anyone). After this, she started asking me questions about what divorce is (her uncle Brinden just got a divorce) and wanted to know what she could do when she gets married so that she won't get a divorce. I absolutely loved our talk. We had a lot of fun and I'm glad she feels comfortable enough to talk to me about everything. However, I can't help but think about the fact that it was such a short time ago that her little two year old blue eyes were looking up at me and asking me cute questions like "Why we have a belly button?" or "Why Santa has a beard?" Don't get me wrong, she still has that sweet little girl innocence. She still loves playing house and barbies and sitting on my lap. However, tonight made me realize that she is getting older and more mature (a lot more mature than I was at seven years old)! I just wish I was able to control time. It needs to slow down- a lot!

No comments: