Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ouch

Ashlyn is now at the age where she thinks she can do everything her older siblings do. She always has some kind of scratch or scrape to prove it. Her latest injury has to take the cake. Yesterday Ashlyn was bouncing on our neighbors trampoline with Hailey and Hailey's friend. She fell over because of one of Hailey's bounces and got her skin (next to her eye) pinched in the spring. It looked like it hurt so I put some ice on it. But, half an hour later she was just fine. It really took me by surprise when she woke up this morning looking like this...
I feel so bad for her. This morning her eye was almost completely swollen shut. And yet, when I would ask her where her ouchie was, she would point at her opposite ear.

We went to a sister get together today. We walked around the international peace gardens and then went out to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory. Here are a few pictures at the gardens...








This is the conversation we had this morning when I woke Hailey up...
Hailey- "I had a dream last night."
Me- "Really, what was it about?"
Hailey-"I was cleaning the house."
Me- "Oh, that's a good dream."
Hailey- "No, it was a BAD dream."
Bummer, I'm still hold out that one of my kids will LOVE to clean.

1 comment:

Cherice and Corey said...

WOW, I havent looked at your blog in a long time!! I think you do such a good job with all your post's. I love reading about all of your good times, and it make me want to move my little family even closer to you. I thought we would see you more often but it hasnt worked that way yet! Give all your kids a hug from their uncle corey!!