My life is full of little moments that make me smile, laugh or feel very grateful. I just wanted to write down a few of these moments...so I can keep smiling, laughing and feeling grateful for them for years to come!
A few weeks ago Ashlyn asked me if I would play fairies with her. While pretending to be fairies, she decided we both needed names. I asked her what she wanted her name to be and she responded, "I'll be the yellow snow fairy." It would probably make more sense if I explained that her very favorite color is yellow and she was being a winter fairy. But it really was too funny!
Last week for family home evening we were talking about the scripture in Matthew about, "In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I started the lesson by talking about birthdays and what we like about birthdays. I then related it to how we celebrate Christ's birthday at Christmas time and how it would be neat if we could give him a gift. Ashlyn immediately chimed in that of course we could give Jesus a gift. She said, "All you have to do is get a present, wrap it, and tie a balloon to it so it can float up to heaven." She was totally serious as she said this. That definitely wasn't the point I was trying to make, but it sure made us smile.
Tonight for part of family night we watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I don't think there are many things that will get you in the true Christmas spirit more than that show. I was so impressed by how much it touched my kids. Tanner mentioned that he always wants to take his wallet with him when he goes places so that he can give his money to people who need it. Hailey asked me if an old homeless lady that we saw in Salt Lake last March might still be there so that we can help her. These little comments kept popping up all night. Later tonight Tanner brought his letter to Santa up to me. He typed it up a few weeks ago but we haven't gotten around to mailing it yet. I'm sure glad we haven't because tonight after the movie he decided to revise it. At the bottom, he penciled in, "P.S. The number 1 thing I want for Christmas is for all the lonely people not to be lonely."
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment