Friday, August 12, 2011

Granite Flats

We had so much fun camping with our neighbors last summer, that we decided to do it again this year! We ended up going to the same campground and the same campsites as last year.

We had a great time, despite the occasional rain storm. We are super lucky to have such fun neighbors that have kids the same ages as ours!

Here are a few pictures of the three days that we were there...

We played games
We did jump rope (Tanner and Mickell learned how to Double Dutch) and Chinese jump rope
We played kickball

Went fishing
Did crafts

and had fun just hanging out with our friends and family!

One night we drove up to Silver Lake to fish. We didn't get a lot of fishing in because there were so many kids, but we had fun and the view was breathtaking!


I do want to make myself a note for future camping trips... Always be prepared for a sick child. On the first night we woke up to Ashlyn saying, "I'm going to throw up." Baylen did the best he could to get the zipper open as fast as he could. She threw up once right outside the tent but the came back in and threw up again. I wasn't prepared with anything to clean it up. Luckily our camping box still had a pack of baby wipes from when Ashlyn was in diapers. I cleaned up the entire mess using little baby wipes. It was gross. Then, I was up the rest of the night worrying about bears coming because they smelled it inside of our tent. It was a LONG night. Ashlyn was totally fine in the morning. I think she just must have eaten too much junk the night before.

No comments: