Saturday, August 13, 2011

Double Digits!

Yup! I'm officially old. I have two children who are now in the double digits. 10 years old... that's getting up there. I don't even want to think about how close the teenage years are :) However, they are both super amazing kids who I love to pieces.

Tanner and Mickell's birthday was jam packed with fun. We had it planned out to the hour so that we could fit everything in. To start out with, they had breakfast in bed (well, Tanner's bed). We really do need to get another tray. However, it's more fun having someone to eat with, I guess.
After that, they were able to spend a few hours riding their new mountain bikes. We got them on Saturday, but they couldn't get on them until their actual birthday. I think it about killed them to have to look at them for two days!

Next on the list was swimming lessons. It was fun having Baylen there with us!

We spent the afternoon at Boondocks (we love the free ultimate birthday passes that they do). Tanner and Mickell were able to...

Ride the bumper boats
Do the fast track
Mini bowl
and mini golf
Between all the fun at Boondocks, we ran over to Golden Corral for dinner!

That night we went with the Whipple clan to a drive in movie. We saw Cars 2. It was super fun!


This was a monumental year for Tanner. He's now reached the age that I told him he could get a pocket knife. Grandpa made it a super special event by letting Tanner choose one of his knives. Tanner chose an awesome knife with a case that grandpa made out of leather.


Some things about Tanner at 10...
*He loves playing and watching sports. Basketball and Soccer are his favorites right now. He's a big Real Salt Lake and BYU fan.
*He loves hanging out with his friends. Tanner is a really good friend who is so easy going and gets along with everyone.
*He's really good at logical things.
*Tanner is one of the most sensitive people I've ever met (and I'm 100% serious when I say that.) He knows when someone is upset or having a bad day and does all that he can to make them feel better. He thanks me for EVERYTHING I do for him (sometimes five or six times) and is always coming up and giving me hugs. The other night he came up to me and said, "Thanks for family home evening mom. It was just as much fun, actually more fun than playing with my friends." Another night I could tell that he wasn't loving the dinner I made. I asked him about it and he said, "It's not my favorite." Then he proceeded to come over to my side of the table where he gave me a hug, and said, "I'm sorry that I don't really like the dinner you made tonight." In the midst of all the crazy girl moments that we have at our house, I'm so grateful for his calm, kind personality!

Some things about Mickell at 10...
*She has a natural talent for dance/tumbling. Several people have told us that she has an amazing sense of rhythm.
*She loves singing!!! Her favorite game right now is called Sing it. It's a playstation game where you have microphones and sing along with pop teen singers. Mickell has a really good voice, too! I hope she keeps at it. Singing is a talent that I've always wished I had.
*Mickell LOVES being with her friends. She has become a lot more of a social butterfly the past few months. When you see her with her friends, you wonder how anyone could call her shy!
*Mickell is soooo good to her little sisters. I am so grateful for what a good example and amazing sister that she is. Whether it is babysitting, playing with, or just hanging out with them, I love how she loves them. She is also super responsible when it comes to helping with them.

No comments: