9 years ago
Monday, October 27, 2008
Not on a Sundae!
Not all our Family Home Evenings end up as successful as Baylen and I hope. However, tonight I think that the lesson sunk in with all the kids. Amazing! It was actually really fun, too. I found the idea on the internet (what would we do without it?!). We started by having everyone sit up to the table. On the table I had already placed ice cream, hot fudge, carmel, sprinkles, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, and ranch dressing. I then told the kids that we were going to have sundaes. I told Tanner we would make his first and asked what he wanted on it. When he told me he wanted chocolate I said, "You mean you don't want ketchup? You love ketchup." His response was perfect. He said, "Not on a Sundae." We played this up a little more with the spaghetti sauce and ranch dressing. We then talked about how there are lots of good things out there that we like. But sometimes they are things that aren't good (to do) on Sundays. We talked about what the sabbath day is and some things that are good to do on that day- and then made everyone a sundae with appropriate toppings. I was really surprised at how the kids took to this idea! I decided that the best way to keep my kids' attention is to center the lesson around sugary food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That idea is super cute. I will definitely have to remember that one for later on and as always your kiddies are too darn cute. I had so much fun tending Ashlyn on Sunday so you will have to let me do it more often! It was fun to have someone around that would say more than "dat". My favorite was how she would say cereal in a kind of Tarzan sing songy way.
Post a Comment