Saturday, July 19, 2008

This Bites!

We absolutely love West Kaysville. We love the schools, our neighbors, the rural feel, how close we are to just about every store and the freeway, the awesome air force jets that practice flying over us, the mountain view... the list goes on and on. However, there is one thing that I cannot stand about West Kaysville. Anyone who has visited us at dusk or dawn will know exactly what I am talking about. They come by the millions....... MOSQUITOS. My neighbors (who are all from Davis County) say that we all moved here knowing that mosquitos are what West Kaysville is know for. However, I knew nothing about Davis County when we moved here. I've concluded that it's a good thing, though. If I had know beforehand, chances are good that we would have looked elsewhere. But, as bad as they are, the good FAR outways the bad. I guess I'll just hold out for that miracle solution.

It's funny how mosquito's like certain people more than others. Unfortunately, Ashlyn is one of those people that they absolutely love. The other night she was outside playing with the kids while Baylen and I were working in the yard. She ended up getting a bite right above her eye. The first day it just looked like a normal bite. I could tell that it was itching because she kept rubbing her forhead against me. I felt so bad. During the night she woke up and her eye was totally swollen closed. The next day it was doing much better but still a little swollen...


Mickell said, "Why does Ashlyn look so tired?"
Tanner said, "Why does Ashlyn's face look different?"

No comments: