Thursday, July 3, 2008

A few more things that make me smile...

On our drive up to our cabin last week, we drove by the Boise Temple. We always point it out to the kids. However, this time we drove by it in the dark. It was even more impressive lit up. Mickell commented on how pretty it looked in the dark. She was then quiet for a minute (I could tell she was thinking). After the brief pause she said, "Is it okay if I get married at night."

At the cabin we all sleep up in a big loft. It makes it a little tricky to change clothes in privacy. We usually put someone (who happens to be sitting by the stairs) "on guard" to make sure no one goes up at the wrong time. Just recently Tanner has been very concious of having privacy when changing. One evening he was upstairs changing into his pajamas. Dave went up to get something. Tanner ran to the stairs, wrapped himself in the blanket hanging to separate the loft from the stairs, and called out, "Don't come in, I'm shirt naked." This was especially funny since, as Corey pointed out, Tanner had been running around in his swim trunks (with no shirt on) the entire afternoon.

The other day I was talking to Hailey about what she wants to be when she grows up. She said she wants to be a teacher and a mom. I asked her what her kids names are going to be. She held up five fingers and said, "I'm going to have this many boys named Riley (her little friends name). She then held up five fingers on her other hand and said "and this many girls named Michelle (Riley's mom's name)."

A couple of weeks ago Ashlyn was sitting on the floor looking at a Froggy book. All the sudden she started talking in her cute little baby language. I looked over at her to say something and noticed that she was folding her arms. I thought that was kind of interesting until I looked down at what page she had turned to. She was on a page where Froggy was sitting down at the table with his family eating dinner. The fact that Ashlyn connected a picture of dinner with saying a prayer just baffles my mind. The craziest part is that we had never even talked to her about folding her arms. I think that little kids are way smarter than we give them credit for.

2 comments:

Cherice and Corey said...

I am definitely ready to go back, and I am still packed so it'll be even easier:)! It is definitely a good thing I didnt read yours before doing mine because you did amazing as usual. You have frames around your pictures too, they are just in a color that you can't see. Maybe you can change the color where you change fonts and colors.

Unknown said...

I remember when Emily and I went to your cabin, it really is a fun place to go. I feel the same about our cabin. I have some of my best memories of my childhood there in my cabin