Sunday, May 18, 2008

Little things that make me smile

I walked into the bathroom the other day to find crayon all over the cabinet. Approaching Hailey about it, I asked why she colored all over the bathroom. She responded by informing me that it was Ashlyn who did the coloring. I had to laugh at the fact that she thought I would believe that response since she left a very impressive
letter "H" with the artwork.



I love Sundays for many reasons! One of my favorite things about this day is that since we don't play with friends and we try to limit TV, the kids play so cute together. I love to listen to their imaginations go wild. On this particular Sunday they were playing house. Tanner was the dog and Hailey was the cat. It's cute how they always try to include Ashlyn in their play, too. I'm glad that they are such good friends.



Mickell is such a good big sister to the other kids. The other day I found her reading a book to Hailey. I thought it was cute how Hailey was cuddled up next to her. (Even though Hailey looks like she's sleeping in this picture, she is actually really enjoying the book.)



A couple of weeks ago, on Baylen's day off, I decided to take advantage of him being home with the kids and do a session at the temple. On hearing that I was going to the temple, Hailey immediately let us know that she was going, too. We tried to explain to her that she could go do baptisms at the temple when she was 12. However, she was convinced that she was going right then. She was so determined to go that Baylen decided to drive me there and walk around the grounds with her while I was inside. He told her about this plan and she excitedly marched up to her room and put a dress on (we said nothing to her about dressing up). This is a picture taken of her on her trip to the temple.




Tanner is such a sweet guy when it comes to other people's feelings. The other night I made a new cookie recipe for family home evening. Right before it was time for treats, I got a phone call. I went upstairs to talk. A few minutes later Tanner came up and gave me a huge hug. He then asked me if I was sad that nobody was going to like the cookies. When it was time to eat them, he asked for seconds (even though he didn't love them). The next morning I was making lunches for school. I asked Tanner if he'd rather have the chocolate chip cookies or EL fudge cookies. He thought for a minute and said, "Would it be okay if I had one of each? They are both special to me." He is always trying to make sure that we are happy. He gives me so many hugs and kisses each day and is always telling me thanks for the things I do. He sure knows how to brighten my day!

1 comment:

Cherice and Corey said...

Come on Al, you didn't know that Ashlyn could write the letters in the alphabet?!! You knew she was on turbo pace, you just didn't know how turbo! Your pictures are super cute, but how could they not be with all the cuties you have!