Today Ashlyn went to nursery for the first time. She cried at first but the teachers told us to leave her. They said she cried a little but then just sat on the teacher's lap the rest of the time. I'm not sure how long she cried but her eyes were pretty red when we picked her up. She said she had fun, though. Here is a picture of her when we got home. It's kind of blurry but I had to post it because I think it really shows her personality.
This last month she's progressed so much in her communication. I think she can basically say anything she wants to communicate now. It makes it nice because she doesn't get as frustrated anymore. My favorite thing she's started saying is "thank you mommy." It kind of sounds like "tank too mommy." There's never a time I hand her something, or do something for her, that she doesn't say it. I seriously love it!
Baylen has taught her how to yell "honey" when she wants me. He's also teaching her how to sing "I love you... a bushel and a peck."
The other day I put a sweater on her that she had never worn before. She looked down and said, "I'm cute." She'll also say "cuuuute" to stuffed animals, hair bows, and anything girly.
Ashlyn says the cutest little prayers. When we ask her if she wants to pray, she'll fold her arms and start talking jibber-jabber in a really high pitched voice. I've often wondered why she changes her voice when she prays. Do we do that without realizing it?
She has become my little helper. Whenever I'm in the kitchen, she's up on the counter pouring and stirring whatever I'm making. She's A LOT OF HELP- let me tell you- but it's fun to have her by my side.
She always finds a way to get what she wants. The other day she was convinced that she wanted powdered milk. I told her it was yucky and I put it on a higher shelf in the pantry. I left the room for a minute. When I came back I found her here...
We took Ashlyn in to the doctors for her checkup. She weighs 24 pounds which puts her in the 50th percentile. She's 34 1/2 inches which is off the charts on the tall side.
She has such a cute, happy personality. She adds lots of sunshine to our lives.
So, happy half birthday Bug!



1 comment:
Oh my cuteness! I have never seen her in piggies but they are adorable!!
Post a Comment