Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It does exist!

It has been just about three years now that I have been searching for a swing set. I have been to every store (I thought) that sales them and have spent hours and hours on the Internet looking for what I wanted. I wasn't being picky (I didn't think). My only requirements were that it was metal (so we wouldn't have to do any upkeep on it), that it had monkey bars, and that it was in our price range (which I really thought was a reasonable price range for a swing set). Just when I had resigned myself to the fact that this particular swing set does not exist, I went visiting teaching. The girl I went to had the swing set of my dreams. I was quite discouraged when she informed me that it was the set that she grew up using. I assumed that meant that it must not be made anymore. I told her about my swing set woe's and she quickly chimed in that they still make the exact same set here in our own backyard (Ogden). I was so excited. When Baylen woke up that day, we went straight there and bought it. 48 hours later it was picked up, assembled, cemented into the ground, and was ready to go.

The kids love it! They spent a good portion of the day yesterday on it. I went back and forth on whether I should get the set with the deck or not. In the end we decided to spend the extra money and get it since this will be the set that we hope to use all the way through our grandkids. I am so glad we did. There were at least two kids playing on the deck most of the day. Another nice thing about this set is that so many things can be added over time- if we want. There's a spot for a tire swing, rock wall, rope ladder, and disk swing. We figured that those things will make for some good birthday presents over the years. So- here's to the swing set that does exist outside of my head!

1 comment:

Cherice and Corey said...

I like it! It kind of reminds me of Aunt Janet's swing set, and I always thought hers was so cool because it had the deck on it.