Here are some of our adventures in High Valley...
Of course we spent a fair amount of time out on the lake. The lake was actually very clean this trip!
One day we set up a little restaurant for the kids. We made menus and Tanner was able to be the waiter... quite the amazing one, I might add...
We spent lots of time with these huge bubble blowers that I brought up...
We also made slime! Lots and lots of hours were spent playing with slime. We even got grandma Betty addicted to it!
One day we drove to Sage Hen Reservoir. I didn't take any pictures... probably because it was an awful experience. The roads were super bad and Ashlyn ended up getting car sick at throwing up all over the van. To make matters worse, we drove around the reservoir twice and couldn't find a single place to get out and see the water. So, we stopped on the side of the road, had a picnic with thousands of mosquitos, and drove back to the cabin. I'm writing about this experience so that we remember to never ever go back to Sage Hen Reservoir.
Another day we drove over to McCall. We took the canoe with us and found a spot on the far side of the lake where you can take a canoe trip down an inlet. The area had a fun sandy beach. So, while Baylen took the kids on canoe trips, I would stay back with the others to play on the beach. It was a really really fun day!
On the last evening, the girls and I had fun painting faces. Ashlyn started out with a mustache in honor of Randy...
Later on, while we were on an ATV ride, we found hundreds and hundreds of wild raspberry bushes. We spent a long time picking them. They were soooo good!
I took this picture of Ashlyn because she had a thing with the orange helmet during this trip. She wore it all the time. If you notice in the slime picture, she has her awesome helmet and goggles on.
Right before we left, Ashlyn picked me a bunch of wildflowers. She had done it earlier in the week with Uncle Randy but I think she wanted to make sure I had some to take home with me. So thoughtful!
Here are our bear pictures. I wanted to post a few from our little photo shoot because I think they show what crazy, fun kids I have!



1 comment:
Yeah for you guys. I am glad you were able to go. Those scenery pictures looked great as well as the rest of them WOW is that Idaho. I hope you guys are doing great. We miss you as well and wish we could see you soon. We love ya.
Post a Comment