At the beginning of the summer, I made a list of very cheap or free things that we could do to keep ourselves busy. I haven't been stressed about getting everything done (because we have season passes to Raging Waters and have been going there A LOT). But, it has been fun doing a few different things to. I'm not going to lie when I say that it's been much easier and less stressful to do more this summer because all my kids are getting older. Back in the day when I had to buckle everyone in car seats, pack a diaper bag, and chase a toddler everywhere, I would be tired even thinking about going out. But, now we just hop in the car and go.
I decided that rather than do a post for each individual thing, I'd just type my list and fill in pictures as we do the different things. FYI, if anyone comes to my house this summer, be warned that I have been choosing to play rather than clean. I plan to have a clean house again in September! So, here's to SUMMER!!!
* Make homemade ice cream
* Make slime
This was a really fun family home evening. We made the paint by crushing sidewalk chalk and adding water. Then we talked about Lehi's dream and the kids each painted their own interpretation of it.
Here's a picture of the kids on Front Runner. We had a fun day with the Parkers.
We had SO MUCH FUN! I told Baylen that he has to work at Davis forever so that we can keep going to these free work parties. It made it extra fun that the Hintze's and Forbush's work there too! They are some of our favorite people! The kids were in heaven being able to spend the day swimming with friends. Davis also provided dinner... and we were able to mini golf, rock climb, and do all the other fun things at Cherry Hill. I left my camera in the van most of the day. But, I pulled it out to snap a few pictures.
* Three Little Monkeys summer craft camp. The kids made stepping stones for our flower bed. I thought this camp would be at least an hour. However, they were done in 5 minutes. Not what we were expecting :)
* Get Slurpees. We hit 7/11 up on 7/11 for free slurpees. I didn't think to take the camera.
* Raging Waters. I'm not quite sure how I could go for a summer with Raging Waters season passes and not get a single picture. But I never took my camera. We loved having passes. We ended up going 15 times, I think. We loved being able to go for a few hours in the afternoon or after dinner. It was perfect. We also loved going with Corey and Cherice a few times.
These are the things we didn't get around to. I'm keeping them on here so that we have the ideas for next summer, too. We had such a fun summer and made so many amazing memories. Can't wait to add more memories next year.
* Go to Mueller Park (Bountiful Canyon)
* Free library activities
* Water balloon day in our backyard
* Late night with friends
* Free bowling
* Fishing at Kaysville or Syracuse pond
* Use free tokens at Boondocks
* Swimming at Emily's
* Tennis with Leslie
* Make a bike car wash
* Hike to Ensign Peak
* Make homemade rootbeer
* Watermelon eating contest
* Go to Wheeler Farm



1 comment:
you are awesome. It looks like you are having fun. I wish we lived by you so we could do all those exciting things with you. You are very creative and a great Mom. Sorry we missed seeing ya.
Love Cami
Post a Comment