Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer

*I have been waiting a long time to get the kid's camera downloaded on our laptop (since I don't know how to do it.) Since I keep forgetting to ask Baylen, I'm going to go ahead and post the pictures I have.

I was really excited for summer so that we could take a break from the craziness of "the schedule." We have absolutely no schedule now but still seem to be busier than ever. We definitely haven't experienced the lazy days of summer. But, June was a very fun month. Here are a few of the things we've been busy doing.

Tanner, Mickell and Hailey all took swimming lessons for two weeks. They did awesome at them. I really enjoyed watching them each day. I think Tanner and Mickell are far better swimmers than I am now. Hailey is a little fish. She absolutely loves the water!

I was able to go up to scout day camp with Tanner. It was a lot of fun to be there with him. It was fun to spend some one on one time with him.

We were able to go see Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia at the drive in. It was awesome to be there with Cherice, Corey and kids, Grandma Whipple, Leslie and her friend Jacob. Nothing beats watching a cool movie at the drive in theater... even if we didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning.

We had fun spending a Wednesday with family. First we took the kiddos to the park where Leslie gave Tanner and Mickell a tennis lesson. Then we headed down to Lehi for Bailey's birthday party. We had cake and ice cream and went swimming at their pool.

We've been trying to get together and do something fun with our Sillito cousins at least once a month. In June we went to Liberty Park. We had a picnic and spent several hours playing at the park and the splash pad.

Kayla invited us to go with the Binghams to Seven Peaks for her birthday. We love Seven Peaks and were glad for an excuse to go! It was a really fun day. Tanner was insane and went on all the crazy scary slides. I decided to be a cool mom and go on the boomerang with him. I think I could hear my heart pounding when I got off of the slide. It's a miracle that it didn't stop all together out of pure fear. I won't be going on that slide again... EVER! Mickell went on most of the bigger slides, too. Hailey and Ashlyn were in heaven in the kids pool. There were several little slides that they could go on by themselves. They went on them over and over and over again while I sat at the bottom and watched. The lifeguards thought Ashlyn was hilarious. She would always give them at least three "high fives" every time she went down.
(Pictures of Seven Peaks will be posted later!)

No comments: