Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We love our little bug "PEANUTS"!!!

Our little Kate-r-bug has turned two! Actually, it took place on May 14th but I'm a slacker at blogging (nothing new there)! We celebrated her birthday with our little family the weekend before since Tanner had a baseball game and Baylen had to work on the actual day. Whenever we talked about her birthday, before the actual day, Ashlyn would always say "Go to Chuck E Cheese." I'm not sure if her siblings had been brainwashing her, or where she got it, but that's where we ended up going. It's impossible to say no to her when she looks at us with her little blue eyes. We had a great time- minus Ashlyn being completely terrified of Chuck E. This is Ashlyn's new "cheese" face... The kids would have stayed there all night. Baylen can only take so much of the chaos so he told the kids we could stop at a park on the way home. Ashlyn about gave me a heart attack when I found her climbing up this bar thing by herself. I made Baylen hold on to her while I took a picture.
Ashlyn's actual birthday ended up being a big party, too. She was so funny. Everything she said had "birthday" attached to the beginning.

Breakfast in bed in her new "birthday" bed... (I asked her what she wanted for breakfast- giving her the option of pancakes, muffins, or eggs. Her response was "I want cereal and pree sun (capri sun)." So I slaved away making her a delicious bowl of cereal!)
Ashlyn loved helping me mix up her birthday cupcakes.
She loved playing "birthday" blocks with daddy.

Probably the best part of Ashlyn's birthday was that she got to celebrate with some of her best friends. Raylee, Cherice and Grandma Whipple came over for the day.
We had lots of fun at the park...
We did a little fishing game...
And had a barbeque...
Ashlyn loved opening presents but got frustrated that we didn't have time to play with the right away (we were late to Tanner's baseball game).


After the game we let Ashlyn frost and decorate her own cake. She loved it when we sang Happy Birthday to her. In fact I think she blew out her candles five different times. She kept saying "again, again."
Grandma and Grandpa Sillito came over a few days later to bring her a present. She loved reading her new book with grandpa.

We sure love our Ashlyn. You can't help but have a smile on your face when she's around. Some of my favorite one liners that she says are...
"Cuddle me, mommy."
"I love you, peanuts" (I love you, so much)
" You're giving me a headache, Tanner"
Grandma was asking her what different body parts were. When she got to her arm, grandma pointed and asked what it was. Ashlyn replied, "Tiny legs."

Ashlyn is really good at adding lyrics to songs. Jared's name ends up in lots of songs like "head, shoulders, knees and Jared." Kayla is always in the ABC's. She sings " H I Kayla L M N O P." Ashlyn LOVES when people laugh at her.

She can count to 15 and knows most of her ABC's (nothing I've done :)
She can now open the doors to go outside. AHHHHHHH!
She love puzzles.

She's one of my best buds and I hope she stays my cute little buggy forever!
How funny. She just came up to me and said, "Hold me. I'm your baby."

No comments: