Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tis the Season for Fun

It's a good thing I tried to be on top of Christmas this year because in the end I found myself behind! We had a few unexpected things happen that really threw me off (a trip to Oregon for a funeral and a new very time consuming calling). Blogging kind of got put on the back burner. But, I'm back with A LOT to blog about.

Our Stake Christmas Festival...
Our Stake has the tradition of doing a festival each year. It is actually a lot of fun. This year was especially special because Tanner was asked to sing in the children's choir. At first he didn't want to do it because he said it would be embarrassing. I convinced him to try one practice. He loved it and hasn't stopped singing since then. He's a really good little singer. He practiced for the festival a lot. He even taught his songs to the family for family home evening.

The festival was really neat. They had a live nativity, hay rides, and an old fashion Christmas village set up outside.

This picture was on the hayride...
This was at the nativity. I know it doesn't look like it, but the kids are standing next to a donkey, a lamb, and shepherds.
The music program was incredible. Tanner did a great job. There were only five or six boys in the choir and most of them decided to just mouth the words. So, there were several parts that Tanner and Preston were basically singing a duet for hundreds of people. They were very brave an did a fantastic job.


Christmas Village...
One Monday in December, Broman and Rachel invited us up to their house for family home evening. We had dinner and then went to Christmas Village in Ogden. I had never heard about the village before this night. But, it is well worth a visit each December. They have several blocks set up as a little village. There are probably over 100 little houses that are decorated with different Christmas themes.

Rachel was really sweet and bought us each a huge gingerbread cookie. It was the yummiest gingerbread I have ever had!!! While we were there we got to visited Santa Clause. Ashlyn wasn't too crazy about sitting on the big guy's lap. But, we snapped a picture anyway.
It was a really fun night!

No comments: